DIY Homemade Cleaning Products: Save Money and the Lose the Chemicals for a more Natural Home Over the years, my crunchy lifestyle has really started to take over. First it was acknowledging the chemicals from food that I was putting in my body, then it was the chemicals in the cleaning products that I was putting in my home. Try these three natural cleaning recipes and it will not only impact your health but your wallet:
Homemade Cleaning Products - Recipes to Make your Own Natural Cleaners
- All Purpose Cleaner: For a simple all purpose cleaner that will make your home shine, all you need is 4 ingredients: White Vinegar, Water, Baking Soda, and your favorite essential oil for a yummy smell (optional). Grab a spray bottle and add ¼ C vinegar, 2 Tbs of baking soda and fill with water! Add a drop or two of oil to freshen it up.
- Shower and Tile Cleaner: Finding a good, natural shower cleaner to kill the mildew and mold can be hard, until I discovered this magic concoction! Are you ready for this? You will only need two ingredients! BLUE Dawn dish soap and your white vinegar. Mix 12 oz of vinegar with 10 oz of blue Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. Shake lightly. Spray and scrub the mold away!
- Laundry Detergent: Nobody knows piles of laundry until you have kiddos! If you are looking to save some pennies, try this awesome laundry detergent with only 3 ingredients- 1 Bar of soap (like traditional Ivory), Borax, and Washing soda. Find a good mason jar or plastic tub. Shave or grate the bar of soap down. Add 1 Cup of Borax and 1 Cup of washing soda. You only need 1-2 Tbs of the mixture per load!!
- Lavender oil kills bacteria and fungus. Make your own lavender linen spray by following this recipe
- Use distilled white vinegar to treat mold and mildew. Spray area and open a window to allow the smell to clear.