Last minute Father’s Day gift guide
Father’s Day creeps up on me every year! I mark it on my calendar, I know it’s coming sometime in June and still I end up scrambling for something to buy my dad and my husband, which means most of the time they both end up with a gift card to the hardware shop and a cheesy #1 DAD coffee mug. Not to mention, these boys don’t make it particularly easy on us to buy them a gift! They usually want something totally impractical, unthinkably expensive or they’ve already bought themselves all the things they said they wanted anyway! I usually try and think along the lines of affordable, comfortable and quality, like Henley shirts. They’re always a win – better something handsome to wear out than the same sweater or tee they wear every day!
This time of year is busy for moms, like Christmas busy! With assembling Pinterest perfect end-of-year teacher appreciation gifts and trying to get the kids ready for summer camps and activities, not to mention trying to plan another freaking family vacation… it’s a lot! So if you are like me, give yourself a break from the forgetful mom guilt and stop the panic over finding a Father’s Day gift. I know it’s going to be tough to beat last year’s gift, especially if you got him a cool figurine personnalise, but fear not, I have you covered! Check out this list, then head straight to Target or the mall and grab up one of these gifts Dad will love. Better yet Amazon Prime it! He’ll have no idea you haven’t been hiding his oh so thoughtful gift for weeks and you can get back to searching Pinterest for kid-friendly all-inclusive resorts with drop-off day camps and cocktails on the beach.
Happy Father’s Day!
- A Tablet of iPad. Trust me, your dad might swear he isn’t into all this new technology. Until you give him his first touchscreen tablet. Next thing you know he’ll be hiding out in the bathroom playing solitaire for hours.
- Streaming Device. Same as above. It’s one of those things less tech savvy people don’t get until you introduce it to them and then they won’t stop calling you to ask you how to work the damn thing. But there’s a bonus to giving your pops a streaming device. Come Christmas you won’t be stuck watching a Christmas Story for the bajillionth time because theres nothing else on tv.
- Golf Balls. Fathers, husbands, any guy who plays golf will appreciate a good set of balls. It’s something they lose often and can never have enough of. A good set of balls is a good thing for any guy.
- Sunglasses. The good ones, like these Maui Jims. Men don’t fuss over much when it comes to accessories but good sunglasses and a great watch are important. Invest in a pair he will appreciate.
- Socks. Because, come on, we all know that Dads secretly love getting socks at any gifting opportunity, right?! To make it really special, put his photo on socks, or the kids’ faces, so he can take them wherever he goes.
- Wireless headphones. These are a cool gift for any man, any age.
- Grill Mats. Grill sets are lame and you’ve likely given your father or your husband one already. Grill mats are awesome and something every grill master should own.
- Beef jerky. Because it’s the manliest of snack foods of course.
- Waterproof Phone Case. Summer is upon us and there’s a good chance he’ll be near a pool, lake, beach, some body of water. And quite possibly drinking a few beers…
- Something personalised. Dads might act the manly man sometimes, but they do have an emotional side. Remind him that he’s appreciated with a personalised gift. You can visit companies like Photo Moon Lamp to find personalised lamp gift ideas.
Shop Best Selling Fathers Day Gifts on Amazon