You’ll find lots of different theories on the right way to clean your house. Some say to do a little everyday, others say all at once. I’m an “all at once” sort of gal. I like to get it all over with at once so I can bask in the twinkly, clean glory and then do a few simply daily things to keep it tidy for the next couple of weeks. Here are my cleaning tips on how to clean your house and keep your house clean.
How to Clean Your House
- Cleaning Supplies. Here’s what you’ll find in my cleaning basket: windex, all purpose cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, paper towels, small cleaning rags, scrub brush and rubber gloves. That’s it. You really don’t need all those different cleaners for every single item in your house
- I start by grabbing all the bathroom rugs and throwing them in the washer while I start on the rest of the house
- Use an extra laundry basket to clear clutter. Throw everything in the basket and then put away in it's proper place
- Eat the frog, start with the room you hate doing the most. That way you'll get the worst part out of the way and are less likely to procrastinate and put it off as you near the end of your cleaning.
- Next, go from top (dusting fans, walls, and surfaces) to bottom (changing sheets, vacuuming furniture and floors), upstairs to down stairs
- When moving through the house I will dust and then vacuum/mop
- Trash goes out last
How to keep your house clean?
- Each evening pretend like you have company coming over the next day. Gather things that are out of place in your basket.
- Fix the pillows on the couch, put away shoes, dishes out of the sink with a quick kitchen wipe down.
- Trust me, you’ll even sleep better with a tidy home.
- You know what they say, “A messy bed is a messy head.” Yes, make that bed in the morning. Nothing better than climbing into a crisp bed.
Now, with those quick and dirty tips for keeping a clean house have no fear of the spring cleaning to come!Have a cleaning hack you'd like to share with us? Click here for submissions Love these tips? Click on the share buttons at the bottom of this post and share, or leave us a comment. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more of all the best for kids and moms 🙂
Blog post notes Cleaning tips for moms, cleaning checklist and cleaning supplies