Koolaid Play Dough recipe, how to make homemade kool aid playdough Play dough is a easy to make, fun for toddlers and young children and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Creating your own bright colors is part of what makes homemade play dough so cool. We've shared our Greatest Play dough Recipe Ever with you, but did you know you can use Koolaid to add color and smell to your play dough? It's a fun and easy activity for kids of all ages, and great sensory play idea for toddlers. Follow the instructions below:
Koolaid Play Dough Recipe
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 packet of Koolaid
- 1 ¼ cup salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon cream of tartar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups water
- Combine first 4 dry ingredients in a medium saucepan till well blended
- Slowly poor in water and oil
- Mix with a large spoon until mostly smooth. It will be lumpy!
- Cook over low heat, mixing frequently
- Keep mixing until the edges of the dough appear dry
- Test the dough by pinching off a small piece. If it's gooey, cook more. If it is dry, it's ready!
- Remove dough and place on large cookie sheet
- Pull apart the dough to let the heat escape and begin kneading to smooth the dough
- Last and most importantly.... have fun!