Classic Designer Handbags to Invest In, a list of timeless bags that are worth the splurge.
I remember my first expensive handbag. I was in college and Kate Spade was popping up on the arm of every stylish girl around school. I’d sit and sigh, lusting over the cuteness of that little square purse and the preppy label. But I was on a scholarship and barely able to afford the basics so it seemed like an impossible dream for a broke 18 year old girl. I’ll never forget my excitement opening my birthday present from my group of girlfriends. They had all pitched in and bought me my first handbag, and I couldn’t have been more thrilled.
Over the years my love for beautiful purses would only grow, and thankfully so did my income so I could afford the occasional splurge. It’s a love affair, but like any love affair there are good memories and lasting loves, and then there are regrets. I’ve learned to avoid the trends and go for the classics, the pieces that stand the test of time and compliment your style as you get older. And there are still a few on my wish list that I aspire to own. It’s good to have goals, right? Here is my list of classic designer handbags to invest in:
Classic Designer Handbags to Invest in
- Chanel 2.55 Flap Bag. The stuff dreams are made of! What girl wouldn’t love a Chanel, the definition of classic and timeless. This bag tops the wanted list of most every purse lover.
- The Gucci Jackie Bag. Created for the First Lady, Jackie O loved this bag and made it an iconic piece. Handmade in Italy, it’s available in many styles and ranges in price from $1400 in stores to $20,000 at auction.
- Hermes Birkin Bag. This beautiful handbag tops both the most coveted and most expensive designer purse list. Lucky enough to score one it will be a cherished piece worthy of being passed down to your children.
- Longchamp’s Nylon Le Pliage. A simple design and the least expensive bag to own on this list, but incredibly well made and very roomy. This is perfect travel tote and even doubles as a diaper bag for many fashionable mommys.
- Louis Vuitton Speedy. If you are just starting with building your handbag collection this should be one of your first purchases. Versatile enough for every day or formal affairs, this bag is the perfect size and shape for any occasion.
- Bottega Venetta Woven Hobo Bag. A stylish day bag that looks incredible with anything, but especially shines as a vacation accessory or travel companion. It’s roomy enough to carry all your essentials with a comfortable casual shape that always looks expensive.
- Chloe Paraty Bag. A solid satchel bag thats loved by many celebrities. This Chloe favorite comes in many fabrics and sizes and is always looks modern and in style.
- Mulberry Bayswater Bag. Functional and fashionable, this Mulberry bag is a lovely classic purse that’s perfect for the office.
- Dior Quilted Lady Dior Bag. Pretty, feminine, charming and loved by a Princess. Carried by Lady Di herself, this bag is pure royalty.
- Louis Vuitton Alma. If your not a fan of the monogrammed purses, the Alma is the way to go. This bag is simply beautiful. Classy and functional enough to be a work bag but still perfect as a day bag or when your feeling fancy.
Blog Post Filed Under:
Style for Moms, best designer bags to invest in, must have designer handbags and classic handbags